When you should see an infectious disease specialist
If you have been diagnosed or have reason to believe you may have an infection, specialized care can make all the difference for your health. Infections can be extremely serious and may even lead to permanent disability or death.
An Infectious Disease Specialist provides expert diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and management. We also offer comprehensive travel medicine to safely prepare you for trips abroad.
Reasons to see an infectious disease specialist include:
- Fevers of unknown origin
- Resistant or unusual infections
- Surgical/orthopedic infections
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
- Lyme Disease, West Nile encephalitis, Toxic Shock syndrome
- Travel medicine, pre-travel evaluations and returning ill traveler
- Fungal, TB, sexually transmitted diseases, immunodeficiencies
- Hospital epidemiology and infection control
- Medical legal review related to infectious disease